The Ukrainian Startup Fund (USF) was established in 2019 as a state-owned legal entity and is now endowed with USD 20m of funding available for startups. Originally set up to promote the development of the local startup ecosystem and internationalisation, USF today is the largest local angel investor with over 100 funded startups and the most extensive database for startups and stakeholders (over 3,000 applications). Ukrainian by origin, early-bird startups are eligible for funding, receiving non-refundable and non-equity grants of up to USD 75,000 on current activities, and up to USD 10,000 for acceleration programmes.
USF has business development and partnership plans for the near future with the launch of an innovation vouchers programme, startup co-financing with VC and angels, and much more.
The USF’s main activities are:
• Funding Ukrainian startups in the early stages of development in the form of grants of up to USD 75,000 (pre-seed projects can receive funding of USD 25,000 and seed projects of USD 50,000)
• Providing grant support (of up to USD 10,000) for acceleration programmes for international and Ukrainian accelerators accredited by the USF
• Offering ongoing support, communications and assistance in promoting startups and their further entry into global markets
• Provision of feedback and valuable advice from qualified USF experts with significant experience in the field of innovation and investment activities
• Expanding and establishing partnerships and cooperation with representatives of national and international startup ecosystems
Get in touch via #GIS2021 B2B meeting
Svetlana Petrashko, Head of Partnerships
Ukrainian Startup Fund